A player in the van market for 120 years, Groupe Renault is upgrading its light commercial vehicle range with enhanced styling, connectivity and bespoke features. And to further satisfy its professional customers, the new light commercial vehicles (LCVs) boast quality levels comparable to those of passenger cars.
Since launch in 1980, Master and Trafic have established themselves as essential models in the LCV market, having sold in over four million units. To respond to new customer needs, New Master and New Trafic have gained stronger design, powertrains and equipment:
- Imposing and meticulous design
- New engines
- Bespoke cabins for professionals
- All-conquering robustness
- Driving comfort
- Connected onboard experience.
By improving the standards of its LCV and passenger-transport range, Groupe Renault is reasserting its determination to move from European leader to world leader consistent with the objectives of its strategic plan, Drive the Future (2017-2022).
This major ambition is based on quantified objectives:
- Increase LCV sales by over 40%
- Double market coverage from 24% to 50%
- Remain the electric LCV leader by marketing an electric version of all of its vans (excluding pick-ups)
- Become the world LCV leader with sales of over 2.5 million units a year, thanks to the Alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi.
New Renault Master
Featuring a new front end, New Master has also been redesigned inside. The cabin scores higher on perceived quality as well as functionality and practicality, with chrome inserts, new upholstery, and a cockpit equipped with an enhanced mobile office. The new 2.3 dCi engines provide more power and torque while reducing fuel consumption. Driving is safer and more seamless thanks to new advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). New Master Z.E., Renault’s fourth electric vehicle, joined the Group’s LCV line-up in 2017.
The comprehensive restyle is consistent with the shared visual identity of the other models in Renault’s LCV range. New Master gains extra robustness through a more expressive and dynamic front end:
- New vertical-design grille
- The C-Shape light signature, fit as standard, embodying the identity of the Renault range
- A higher hood line
Reinforced bumpers and front wings.
The elegant and functional interior features:
- A new restyled dashboard with large open or closed storage spaces
- Chrome inserts on the air vents, air-conditioning buttons and new steering wheel
- A new gear-stick handle, black with chrome surrounds
- New, more high-tech upholstery
- A dashboard equipped with a 3.5-inch TFT digital screen
- The navigation screen is fully integrated in the central area of the dashboard whatever the multimedia system used, be it R-LINK Evolution or Media Nav Evolution.
New Master is powered by a new range of 2.3 dCi engines more adapted than ever to the needs of professionals.
- The engines comply with the Euro 6d-temp / Euro 6d standards (depending on vehicle volume and mass) and are equipped with Twin Turbo technology.
- Power and torque have been increased, to a maximum 180 hp and 400 Nm, for a dynamic and responsive drive.
- The engines reduce fuel consumption by up to 1 l/100 km (NEDC correlated figures).
Depending on the version, the new powerplants are available with a six-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed semi-automatic gearbox.
New Renault Trafic: the benchmark urban van
Renault has restyled New Trafic, with a more expressive grille and full LED headlights, and made it even more versatile. The EDC automatic transmission offers comfort and seamless operation both in everyday maneuvers and out on the open road. A true work tool, New Trafic is fully in step with its times in terms of its agility, connectivity and revised ergonomics. Powered by new 2.0 dCi engines, it responds to all professional situations and to certain personal uses. Renault Trafic is also available in Combi, Bus and SpaceClass passenger-transport versions.
Launched in 1980, Renault Trafic ranks in the top-three mid-sized vans in Europe:
- Over 2 million Trafic models sold, 97,422 of which in 2018
- Sold in nearly 50 countries
- Renault launched Trafic 2 in 2000 and Trafic 3 in 2014
- Trafic is available in 275 versions with two lengths and two heights and useful load volume of 3.2 to 8.6 m3
- The Trafic line-up ranges from the van to the high-end SpaceClass shuttle.
Exterior upgrades for a more expressive design. New Trafic possesses the same visual identity as the other models in the Renault LCV range.
The new, more expressive front-end features:
- New full LED headlights, more high-tech, dynamic and efficient
- The C-Shape LED light signature embodying the identity of the Renault range
- A more assertive grille, with a showcased logo and new grille enhanced by chrome inserts
- A new body color, “Urban Gray”.
Each and every cabin detail has been redesigned to improve the experience of drivers and passengers, from the upholsteries and leather gear stick to the harmoniously designed dashboard.
New Trafic is powered by a new range of 2.0 dCi engines more adapted than ever to the needs of professionals.
- The engines now comply with Euro 6d-temp standards.
- Equipped with a variable-geometry turbocharger, they offer extra power and torque, up to 170 hp and 380 Nm.
- The new powerplants reduce fuel consumption by up to 0.6 l/100 km (NEDC correlated figures) for the 145 hp version.
- They continue to boast the latest pollution control technologies, including a selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system.
In a further upgrade, the two highest-power engines are now available with the EDC6 dual-clutch automatic gearbox, for smoother and faster shifting.
This top-quality equipment is supplied by the world leader in automotive transmission systems, Getrag.